Saturday, April 21, 2012

I'm mad as hell

I'm angry -- no, I'm mad, mad as hell about all this ruckus  caused by this picture of an event in Afghanistan two years ago when some military men are shown with the body of a suicide bomber. I'm mad at the guy who gave the picture to the LA Times; I'm mad at the sleazy Times for publishing it;  I'm mad at the Departments of State and Defense for not aggressively defending out servicemen; I'm mad at news media for jumping at any excuse to find fault with our military, and I'm maddest at every person who, like the LA Times, enjoys blasting our country before the world.

You want pictures? Why not a picture of a 20-year-old American in Afghanistan on his second tour of duty, a picture of his face showing weariness, disillusionment, pain and fear?   Or if that does not  grab you, how about a picture of a woman whose only crime is teaching girls, a picture of her after the Taliban has done to her which it continues to do to women?  Let that provide you with laughs and another way to blast your own country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment