Monday, April 23, 2012

Just for you, Jen

                    Up from the grave he arose
                    With a mighty triumph o'er his foes;
                     He arose a victor from the dark domain;
                     And he lives forever,with his saints to reign.
                     He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!

Jen, I quoted this just to let you know what you missed Sunday.  This the first time we sang this Easter song, at least that I can recall, since J. Roddy put it on the program at my request.  Or maybe the last time we sang it was a service in Baton rouge.

I enjoyed all the song selections, which were "There's something about that name," also "Lord I want to be a Christian," and concluding with "Amazing Grace."


Words and music to "Low in the grave he lay" were written by Robert Lowry in 1874. This one of those songs that must be sung during the Easter season.              

No comments:

Post a Comment