Saturday, April 21, 2012

Yes, time goes by fast sometimes

It seems only a little time ago that we were moving Jessica into the freshman dorm at LSU. How could it be that she is completing her senior year and will be graduating in May?  We will attend her honors convocation Thursday, May 17, and graduation the next day.  Actually, it does not seem anytime since we attended Mark's graduation.

Next fall Jessica will attend Duke for three years of seminary.  Duke?  I never envisioned that I personally would know anyone who would go to Duke, much less my daughter.  Let me tell you something crazier; I once considered going to Stanford.  Can you imagine the laughter of  Dude admittance officials if they had received an application from me with my grades and lack of accomplishments?  I doubt my skill at siding-up cotton would have impressed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment