Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Spring-like weather makes me want to grab the shovel and the hoe

Well, January is gone and February is here -- the absolute middle of winter.  Yet, I go outside and it feels like spring.  In fact, except for a few days in December and  January we have not had winter.  We have gone through a warm cycle and should expect the weather to begin turning colder, according to "experts."

This lovely weather turns my mind toward gardening -- both vegetable and flower, and that is depressing because I am not able to garden.  I gave up the vegetable garden last year but tried for a while to get some flowers going.  I had a little success but soon through in the hoe and shovel.  I haven't totally given up hope; if I can get some of the heavy work done I may still do some planting.  Wish me luck, won't you.

No comments:

Post a Comment