Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

Two Christmases ago my daughter Jessica set up this blog for me.  I had no idea I would be able to continue  it, or what I would say in it, but it has continued.  I have told events from my childhood, from school and from my time in the Navy. 

I have  dome some editorializing; I have warned that these overly generous retirement plans cannot be fulfilled, and I have urged the changing of entitlement programs -- social security, medicare, and medicaid -- to save them for future generations.  The government must get spending under control or the nation will go bankrupt. I fear that our elected leaders lack the courage to make the painful changes needed.

I have written often that we must allow more drilling for oil and gas to enable this nation to be self-sufficient in energy.  This and other needed programs cannot be achieved with Obama as president.

No comments:

Post a Comment