Thursday, December 22, 2011

How Can It Feel Like Christmas Without Carols?

Last year at this time I commented on the wonderful music program performed by the church choir.  This year I've never been as disappointed by a church service.  A program without familiar carols.  "We'll sing carols at the Christmas party," my wife promised.  Another disappointment.

Still, it is beginning to feel more like Christmas with  the arrival of  Mark and Julie with Lily and Oliver. 
Christmas giving should be for kids and for the needy.  For adults, I would favor stopping the practice of exchanging gifts.  Call me Grinch or any name you wish; that is how I feel.

We have the Christmas Eve services to look forward to, the traditional at 5 and the contemporary at11. We will have regular Sunday services Christmas day.




No comments:

Post a Comment