Monday, February 23, 2015

Just a few remarks

I have neglected my blog not on purpose but because I have been feeling poorly for several days. I"m better today although I have the  sniffles and a sore throat.

I attended the Cub Scout Blue and Gold meeting Friday night where my grandson Kyle received several awards.   I left a few minutes early because I felt bad and I wanted to avoid the rain.  I had a blood pressure of 180.  Every time I checked the reading was higher, reaching 214 over 104. I didn't know what to do but go to bed.

At the meeting the professional  Scouter made  a call for funds.  I was reminded of  how we held fund drives in  Homer.  It would begin with a breakfast meeting, the last person to arrive  being rewarded with a live hen. Each volunteer worker would receive names of five people to contact that day and the drive would be completed that day.

I worked closely with the professional Scouts and remember some, especially Harry Fite. He took some Scouts on a camping trip, with each Scout taking food to prepare for supper and breakfast.  One Boy Scout brought two big cokes, one for supper and one for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment