Sunday, December 22, 2013

Happiest time of the year? Bah, humbug!

This is supposed to be the happiest time of the year.  Of course,  we know people have problems that ruin their enjoyment; hopefully that is temporary, but some bad things must be faced year after year at this time. I  am talking about taxes -- primarily city and parish (county).  I just wrote three checks, bleeding each time I touched the pen. After cussing and in general expressing displeasure, I decided I will fret about it no more until next December.

Millions have something more vital to their welfare to worry about; Monday is the deadline to obtain a health policy to have coverage January l. Many do not understand what is at stake and what to do about it. If they had read over 2,000 pages of the Obamacare law, they would understand it is well as Obama himself -- not at all.  Obama has made 16 changes, none of which he has constitutional authority to do. Eventually, we will recover, I have to hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment