Sunday, December 29, 2013

A chocolate pie memory

It started with thoughts of chocolate pie fresh from the oven  topped with vanilla ice cream and somehow went to Homer and its troubles.  Or maybe it was the other way  -- first came pleasant memories of Homer, which included chocolate pie.

There was a time when after a Homer High basketball game at home, many of us would head to the Purple Cow for a hamburger.  I can remember entering the restaurant to pleasant aromas and see fresh baked pies cooling in a window.    I asked for pie and Mrs. Broughton refused -- "I'm not cutting a pie while it is still hot.  You can wait until they cool."

After some discussion it was "I'm not cutting the pie while it is still hot.  If you want the pie, buy the whole pie." So we would and did.  On my share was vanilla ice cream.

A pleasant memory, one of many I have of Homer.









No comments:

Post a Comment