Saturday, August 17, 2013

Jessica completes internship Sunday

When I reported on the trip Jen and I made to Michigan to hear Jessica give the sermon, I failed to mention  that we were accompanied by Jessica's cat.  She traveled in a basket and slept or remained quiet  all the way. Jessica was not permitted to keep a pet in the apartment so she arranged for a lady who has two cats to host Jessica's.

Jessica's last day as an intern with the First Methodist Church of  Bermingham,  Mi; will be this Sunday.  She will leave Monday to drive back to North Carolina to resume studies at Duke Seminary. Reflecting on her time spent in Bermingham, Jessica said, in part:

"As I reflect over these last nine weeks, I am shocked by how much change and growth have occurred within me.  I've learned a lot more about the different roles and responsibilities a pastor has, as well as how a church functions, but even more so I feel like I have developed and matured internally much more than I imagined possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment