Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I''m 87 today

Yes,  the good Lord has seen fit to give me  more time.  He didn't promise me that I wouldn't have aches and pains, and it is up to me to make of the rest of my life what I will.

Taking a glance at what I wrote on my 86th birthday, I said August  has a number of  birthdays of family members and friends.  I wish my brother-in-law Frank Cascio a happy birthday tomorrow, August 22.
Mark White, a shipmate and ship photographer, would have been 100 tomorrow.  I never knew Mark while we served on the USS Pickens, but I have come to know him through his son, John, who has provided me with much material about the Pickens.

Grandson Oliver is looking forward to his second birthday August 31.  We were able to help him celebrate his first birthday last year as we traveled to North Carolina.

Hey, I am not going to starve for awhile.  My brother, Jon, just delivered me some peas, potatoes, tomatoes, okra, and a watermelon.  All I need now for a birthday dinner is some cornbread and buttermilk.

No comments:

Post a Comment