Sunday, July 7, 2013

Thoughts on a Sunday

Attended Sunday School (I taught the lesson) and church this morning after missing two Sundays with a broken ankle.  Heard AnnaKate Rawles, new associate pastor, preach.  It was a short sermon because of communion, but I believe she will do fine.

While on the subject of sermons by young girls, Jessica will be preaching at the Methodist Church in Birmingham, Mi., July 28. Jen (and maybe I) will travel there to support her.  Jessica is strongly supported by members of Christ UMC, many who feel very close to her because they worked on missions together. The church membership took up an offering to help her financially.  The Vision Class made a special donation for which Jessica sent the following note of thanks:

     Dear Vision Sunday Class, Thank you for the card and money.  It has truly been a blessing having all of you in my life.  You have loved me, cared for me, and supported me throughout my education, and have now continued it as I move forward on the path to ordained ministry.  I appreciate it more than I can say. Thank you again,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment