Thursday, May 30, 2013

Yes -- school's out for the summer.

Children laughing, running excitedly -- you're right, school is out for the summer.  Some have mixed emotions like a fifth grade girl I talked with.   She called it an iffy situation -- she likes school except for bullying that goes on.

Students will almost certainly get their report cards mailed to them; at least that has been the policy for many years. That's different from the way it was done when I attended school. We would have a day off while teachers  compiled the grades and then we would return to school long enough to turn in our books and pick up our report cards.

I was always happy to see the school term end although my summer was going to be a time of hard work in the hot weather.  It used to seem to me that June l was hotter than May 31 every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment