Thursday, December 6, 2012

Taxes -- what an ugly word

Taxes -- the word even has a nasty sound.  I have just written checks to pay Caddo parish and City of Shreveport taxes and I'm not in a happy mood.  When we purchased this home, we paid city taxes but homestead exemption took are of parish taxes.  This house is certainly no better than when we moved in, but taxes have increased almost every year.  All that is needed to increase taxes is up the assessed value.

Each year I reflect on how much I would prefer to enjoy the tax rates levied by neighboring parishes and cities.   Then I think how bad it would be to have to pay property taxes similar to those people pay if they live in states like California and cities such as New York.  We could be worse off than we are.  Most people will agree with me that taxes are too high on the federal, state and local levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment