Thursday, November 15, 2012

What to do with a frozen turkey

What to do with a frozen turkey when I want a fresh turkey?  Brookshires awards a frozen turkey for spending $400 within a certain period of time.  Because of the amount of money I spend at the pharmacy, we qualified for a turkey early and now every time we check out the cashier reminds us to go get the turkey, but our freezer doesn't have room, and I prefer fresh turkey.  After all, we eat turkey (except for sandwiches) only at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Last year I went to get the turkey just in time to thaw it out and cook for Thanksgiving.  All of the turkeys left were much larger than those awarded.  I picked up one of those large ones and paid the difference.  I'll have to work something like that this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment