Saturday, November 17, 2012

How to eat a cookie

The principal's daughter sat in the desk in front of me in the class for first grade students in the second half of the grade.  Yes, the schools split classes then and kids could start first grade at mid-term.  Three of my siblings were born in October and  could enter at mid-term although I don't think any of them took advantage.

I' ve gotten off the subject, which is about eating a cookie.  I don't know why I was eating a cookie in class, but the principal's daughter said, "let me show you how to eat a cookie and make it last a long time."  She took the cookie and pretended to nibble the edge, turning the cookie slowly all around.  She returned it to me and said, "The longer it takes for you to eat a cookie the more you enjoy it."

The girl was a smart cookie herself, being valedictorian of the grammar school graduates and, I think, of our high school class.

No comments:

Post a Comment