Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Need for food and aid becoming urgent

My name must be on the list of every fund-seeking  organization, group or individual, judging by the mail I receive.  I've written about the many items they send, including pens, pads, labels, socks, underwear, labels, tote bags, blankets, and calendars.  Last year alone I received 15 calendars and a few months ago I began getting calendars for 2013. My advice then and now is don't send anything; just ask for money.

I've noticed a difference in some requests this year; they -- especially those asking for donations to supply food to children here and abroad -- have an air of urgency.  One group included a financial statement showing that needs are greater but donations are less than this time last year.  This is a reflection on the poor economy and high unemployment, and unless the upcoming election gives us a new government we will continue to have greater needs and less money to meet them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment