Monday, July 30, 2012

Hot, Dry July comes to an end

Hot, Dry and Hot again -- that's been July, which ends after tomorrow.  Will August be any different?  I'm no weatherman but the heat and the lack of rain will likely continue until very late in August.  Summer last year was very hot and dry, also.  Many people, including me, gave up on their lawns, letting drouth and insects win. I've seen a few small trees that died last summer, including my dogwo

Growing up on a farm I worked outside no matter how hot but now the heat really bothers me.  My blood pressure gets real low and I become dizzy.  I was out in the heat for only a few minutes this morning but my blood pressure dropped to 88 over 42.  Once I was seated inside it came up to a safe level.

Sixty per cent of the country has suffered from the heat and drouth with damage to crops estimated at 12 billion dollars.  That's only pennies compared to wasteful spending in Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment