Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The less than perfect Mother's Day gift.

I had ordered the painting "Legends of the South"  by Mort Kunstler and thought if it arrived in time I would give  it to Jen as a Mother's Day present.  Well, it was delivered late Tuesday afternoon, She arrived shortly after I had unwrapped it, and I called to her,  "I've  got you your   Mothers Day present."  She pointed out that it is not yet Mother's Day, but I answered that she will be in Baton Rouge helping her brother and sister-in-law celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.

I presented her with the beautiful picture; she looked at it and laughed. Not a laugh of delight but if a laugh can be sarcastic her's was.

The gift problem for Mother's Day is not solved.  I guess I'll get her a new iron, or maybe she'd love a George Foreman grill.

(Just a note.  The picture is great and accompanying the print are two old stamps and a worn three dollar bill of Confederate money.  For the price I paid, I expected a 30 dollar bill, or  at least a 10.)

No comments:

Post a Comment