Monday, May 14, 2012

Cluttered desk or neat desk?

You desk jockeys -- are you a cluttered, messy desk person or do you keep a neat, clean desk?  And does it mean anything about you?  I kept a cluttered desk with the surface inches deep in papers, books and what have you.  I had an excuse; I was a newspaper editor and they are known for keeping stacks of  articles they are writing and subjects for articles they might write next week or next year.  I saw a picture of the desk of the editor of one of the Atlanta newspapers and his was so cluttered mine couldn't compare.  At least I didn't have apple cores on my desk.

I had a friend whose desk top was almost clean with no more than one piece of paper on it at a time.  How he functioned I do not know.  He was  a neatness freak; he allowed no one to smoke or eat in his car, and you  better have clean shoes.  His family complained that he took an hour and a half to take a shower.  We were so different, but good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment