Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cotton planting time

No, I won't be planting cotton, although if I had a few seed I would plant a few in my flower garden. What a misnomer-- flower garden! I have two tomato plants and some feeble marigolds and that's it.  There is plenty of time and the weather is continuing to be beautiful. 

Spring weather began  this year began in January.  If you could have found the plants, you could have set out tomatoes months ahead of the customary time.  The earliest I have set out tomatoes was in March and I had to protect them when a killing frost came. Have we had a frost this year?  I can't remember real cold weather at any time during the winter.  That's not all good;  insects could be bad. 

The biggest task facing us outside is restoring the lawn.  Last summer was very hot and very dry and added that to that was a fungus infestation.  I just gave up and weeds  took over not only our lawn but lawns of others in our neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment