Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jen babysits in North Carolina

Jen left yesterday for North Carolina to take care of Lily and Oliver while Julie and Mark attend conferences or business meetings.  Jen was looking forward to being with the children until Sunday when she returns home. She will enjoy being with them but I expect she will find it a bigger job than she expected.  Julie had known for some time that the would be attending a conference and then Mark found out the company wanted him to go to Austin for a business meeting.  Jen didn't hesitate to jump at the opportunity to be with the children.  I wish I could have gone but  I have too many physical problems.

This leaves me alone again. Last weekend Jen was off with the Cub Scouts. Thinking about it, for the last several years most of my waking minutes I spend by myself.  I think that as one gets older the added aches and pains are not as bad as the loneliness you have.  It  is much worse for me now that I  can't have a garden or even a flower bed unless I can get help in preparing the soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment