Thursday, March 22, 2012

As I have said before, I hat e the phone

 I should do away with my land line phone.  Almost every call I get is a solicitation of some kind. Yesterday was a busy day for the phone and I must admit that I wasn't always polite and got rid of  every call as soon as I could. Each time it rang I had to get up and limp to the phone, my hip giving me a high level of pain. I wish there was some way to block the daily calls from credit card companies wanting to reduce my interest rate; I never let a card bill go long enough to pay interest, but they have some gimmick they want me to fall for so they can  get  money out of me. 

My last call was from a pollster.  I went to hang up immediately but waited when the caller said there would be just three questions and would take less than 30 seconds.  He lied; maybe he wasn't counting the questions to determine that I was a male and over 65.  He asked if I was going to vote Saturday; I answered yes.  The next question was who I was voting for; I told him.  Then he wanted to know if I might change my mind -- no. A second choice  -- I gave him one.  Then came this question -- are you a evangelical.  I said no; I don't even know how people define evangelical.  I saw where 35 per cent of the people who call themselves evangelicals believe Santorum is an evangelical even though he said, as a Roman Catholic, that Protestant churches are not Christian.

I am very much opposed to churches getting involved in partisan politics and would walk out of our church if a person running for any office took over the pulpit or the minister said or did anything in favor or against a politician.

No comments:

Post a Comment