Thursday, December 1, 2011

December arrives; Christmas will be here before we are ready

Yes,   today is the first day of December; another year is almost history.  This is the time when we have more things to do than we have time for -- shopping, parties, sending Christmas cards, decorating outside and inside, shopping and more shopping ( for those who do it.  I leave that to my wife; I tell her that's why I married her, so I could avoid that hassle.  She actually enjoys shopping while I hate it.)

Last year I wrote about how Christmas slips up on a person and we never seem ready for it. Other holidays come in their turn and can be enjoyed without any problems.  I get criticism because I really do not enjoy Christmas.  Oh, I like some things about it, visits from family, programs at the church, Christmas music. And I no longer mind sending Christmas cards, although there is always the question of a short list or a long list. There are people you must send a card to and others where if you send to one person you must send to many others. Then there is the problem of which and how many worthwhile charities you will send money to.  This year, especially, needs are greater while economic problems make gifts smaller.  I call on every person and organization to do their best to help those who are in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment