Sunday, October 9, 2011

Some childhood memories

                    He leadeth me, O blessed thought!
                    O words with heav' nly comfort fraught!
                    What e'er I do, where 'er I be,
                    Still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.

As we sang the old and familiar hymn "He leadeth me" at church this morning,  for a moment I was a child again, transported to McIntire Methodist Church and Paul Cassells was leading this song.  Paul was the kind of person who made you feel good when he was around.

Now mentioning Paul I am reminded of when I was five or six Grandma Lowe put me up to asking him, "Paul, are you going to marry Molly?"  He answered, "Roy, I aim to do that very thing." I told Peggy that at our family reunion in August.
r

No comments:

Post a Comment