Sunday, October 23, 2011

A couple of things I hate

I hate easy opening packages.  I don't mean I hate packages that open easily; I hate packages that say they are easy opening but I can't open.  Most of the time I give up and take a knife or scissors and start cutting and chopping.  They open but then they don't close very well. 

Another thing I hate is the stand-alone mirror in our bedroom.   Some years ago a neighbor having an estate sale gave that mirror to my daughter, then a teenager.  Of course, there was no suitable place for it so it wound up standing awkwardly in our bedroom.  It faces the door so there's no way I can avoid coming face to face with it and being reminded how I an getting older day by day.  Sure, there is a mirror over the dresser and one in the bathroom, but I can avoid them most of the time and they only reveal part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment