Monday, June 13, 2011

How did you come to know Christ as your personal savior?

It started with a Baptist calling attention to the dramatic decline in baptisms, reflecting a lack of interest in religion. He blamed it,  in part, by change from old-time preaching and singing to services more tailored to entertainment, designed to get persons who don't like church to attend.  Some call it contemporary and hope it will attract young people.  As others joined the discussion on Tiger Droppings, they agreed that the denominations are losing members and attendance is down. Non-denomination churches are enticing numbers of church-goers, some offering dynamic preaching while others provide light entertainment with little emphasis on the bible.

This went on for a couple of days and then someone threw a bomb, asking this question --
     "How did you come to know Christ as your personal savior?"
The response was overwhelming as one after another told of  his conversion experience.  For some it was sudden and dramatic, such as one who was changed by a car wreck, and one converted by a prayer  with Pat Roberts, .  For others it came about through steady growth, study of the bible and attending church or even youth camps.  I was reminded  of this by a song we sang Sunday, one of my favorites although no one could claim it is great poetry.

     He touched me,
     Oh, He touched me,
     And oh the joy that floods my soul.
     Something happened and now I know,
     He touched me and made me whole.   

No comments:

Post a Comment