Monday, November 15, 2010

Things I Thought Unfair as a Child I Still Consider Unfair

What parent has not heard his child scream "that's not fair!"  Well, as an adult I am as convinced as ever about at least two things I argued were unfair when I was youngster were and are still unfair.  My parents always told us that "if you get a whipping at school, you'll get a worse one when you get home."  I insisted that if misbehavior at school was punished there, that ended it.  What the parent meant was  "if you get a whipping at school, Ill be so embarrassed Ill feel like punishing you again."

What about the psychological pain of  being sent to get a switch to be used to punish you?  Terribly unfair. How weak a switch can I get that will satisfy the parent giving the punishment and yet not hurt too much? That was more talked about than actually done, I expect.  Anyway, just two things I thought unfair as a child to my mind are unfair now.

No comments:

Post a Comment