Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Matter of Grades and Respect

My daughter returned to Baton Rouge after two weeks at home, moved into an apartment ant took up her summer job.  She will assist the youth director of her church and right away will be taking some of the youth on a trip.  Later she will accompany the youth choir on a nine-day tour.

Just before she left I said her mother had told me she made all A's the semester just completed. She acknowledged that she had.  I said, "If I had known when I was attending LSU that I would have a daughter who would make straight A's in college, I would have made straight A's too."  My sincere statement was greeted by laughter and hoots from not only my daughter but my wife and my son.  Some days you don't get no respect.

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, am glad you didn't make straight A's at LSU -- who knows how the world works and what small events lead to others. Perhaps, if you had made straight A's, you would have received a job offer from out of state and taken it. Then you would never have met mom or had me - and I never would have had the chance to make straight A's myself. =D

    ReplyDelete