Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Way The World Ought To Be

How much ability  I  have  to use this blog is being tested.   I have had to re-type every word.               I cannot blame this on my illness but every injury I have is hurting..  I am determined to be better tomorrow.Today I only want to quote a few words from Jessica  She makes so much sense.  Here goes:
                  
"Just in the past 48 hours I have:

-Witnessed the lighting of a 30ft. Christmas tree in the center of
Bethlehem, surrounded by Christians and Muslims singing together, "Joy to the World" in Arabic.

-Traveled via passenger train from one part of
Israel to another.

-Had a group of six Palestinian Muslim children (ages 3-10), follow me for three blocks, excitedly petting Ellie and taking turns walking her on the leash. They speak very little English, yet every time I pass they call to me, "Where's Ellie? Where's Ellie?" and plead for me to bring her down the street to see them.

-Attended my first ever Quaker meeting; in
Palestine.

-Experienced my first Hanukkah candle lighting ceremony; in Tel Aviv.

-Been calmed by an elderly Palestinian Muslim woman, who spoke no English, as I nervously crossed through Qualandia Checkpoint for the first time (it separates Ramallah from
Jerusalem, and is a much more intense and intimidating checkpoint than the one I am used to passing through from Bethlehem)."

I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!








     

No comments:

Post a Comment