Monday, November 9, 2015

Coffee saved my sanity

Or what's left of it.

Last Thursday I began to have jitters,  extreme depression and mental issues so bad I called the doctor's office and asked for help.  My call was never answered and my depression and nervousness increased.   I was unable to sleep that night and Friday  was terrible.

My wife and I wondered if the drugs I had  started to ease my shoulder pain could have caused my problem. The doctor who had prescribed the drug was called and assured us that this was unlikely. I consulted the font of wisdom (the computer) and learned that stopping caffeine could cause reactions.  I checked and found that Jen had given me decaf for two days by mistake.  I got back on caffeine and my sanity was restored.  (At least for the present.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how crazy that stopping caffeine could have such an impact! And also I find it funny that you went to the internet to figure out a possible solution - and that it helped!

    Love you and thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete