Saturday, July 25, 2015

A wild taxi ride



Recently George Bush, former president, was unrecognized by his uber driver, but the guy, who said he never voted, was going to vote for Hillary. I am the veteran of many taxi operators.  Some took me on a long drive to pad the fare; some talked my ears off, and some wouldn't speak at all.

I'll never forger a ride I had in Cincinnati  early one morning. The driver told me about all the famous people who had been his passenger.  "Oscar Robertson (NBA star) sat right where you are sitting."

 We were following a map to my early morning appointment --this was before GPS -- and the interstate was packed -- three  lanes each way.  I tried to get the driver's attention in time to take an exit but he passed the exit. I pointed this out and he stopped in the traffic lane and began to back up. I finally convinced him to go to the next exit.The driver wasn't shaken at all.










r































No comments:

Post a Comment