Saturday, June 20, 2015

Remembering an event in Homer

Sometimes my mind recalls people and events in Homer; which is  not surprising since I spent 20 active years there.  I'm going to use letters for names here, although many old timers will know whom I am writing about.

F was doing some work on the fire station  and city hall across the street from the school board offices. It was near five and F went across the street to visit with R.   After several minutes of conversation, R said to F, "I'll give you two dollars for those pants you are wearing."  F agreed; he said "Give me the two dollars and you can have the pants."

R said, "if you get the money now, I get the pants now."  F grabbed the two dollars, removed his pants, and walked across the street in his underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment