Monday, March 9, 2015

A terrible case of bullying

Half of the congregation were nodding as Tom Howe preached on bullying -- bullies ranging from international leaders like Putin to that of school kids.  He related a story of a bully knocking school books from a student's arms and kicking them down the hall as a girl laughed.

As he condemned bullying I was thinking that it was different when I went to school, but then memories of bullying  began to crowd into my mind.  The worst I remember was the case of two friends  who threw another friend into the bayou.  After some struggling the non-swimmer  got to the bank.  His two friends thought  this was so much fun they threw the victim in again.  He struggled but he    was too exhausted to  reach the shore and drowned.

I was not involved in anything approaching  that tragedy, but I can remember being bullied and got into trouble  with the principal when I defended myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment