Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Blog is five years old

I can hardly  believe it!  This blog was begun five years ago as a Christmas gift  from daughter Jessica in December 2009.For several months the number of posts per month were few, but I soon got fired up.  I was surprised that politics was an early topic of interest  --with  comments on the election of Scot Brown as senator.

Remembering family and school events soon became the main interest but  when I wrote about Iwo Jima and the role of the USS Pickens many responded.  One was John White, whose whose father  Mike  was ship     photograhper.   John has provided me and others with much information.on the Pickens.                            

We were having a cold winter in 2010 with several snows.    No snow so far this winter but plenty of rain.  What will the next five years look like?  We will take the years as they come.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment