Saturday, September 13, 2014

My ride with a crazy taxi driver

I was in the Cincinnati area calling on companies and this particular morning I was in a taxi traveling on I-75 looking for an exit to my 8 a.m. appointment.

Traffic was bumper to bumper but the taxi driver wasn't bothered as he talked constantly.  He said "Oscar Robertson ( a great basketball player) sat just where you are sitting many times."  Suddenly, I said, "Was not that the exit were supposed to take?"   He agreed and stopped the cab, beginning to back up against three lanes of traffic.

I suggested we go to the next exit, take it and come back to the street we had passed.  Before we were smashed by one of the many trucks on the highway, he agreed and we did and got to my destination safely but a nervous wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment