Friday, August 15, 2014

What happened to that "shining city on the hill?"

What has happened to the heart  - -to  the soul of America?  I can remember when thousands of Americans would have clamored for the opportunity to go overseas and fight to save the refugees from torture and death. Now, do we speak out when the Obama trio of  the president, Kerry and Hagel, say there aren't as many  refuges on the mountain as first  thought so it isn't necessary to rescue them or give them food and water. 

Thousands have been beheaded because they refuse to renounce Christ or because of another minority religion. I've said it before and I'll say it again and again -- We are  going to have war with ISIS, maybe next month or next year, but it is coming.

What has happened to that "shining city on the hill?"  Maybe I'm all wrong; maybe America has never been a force for morality and peace I thought it was.  Maybe those boys who  climbed volcanic hills in the face of machine gun fire in Iwo Jima were fools as are  those  who today  have given their lives or their health for this country.

My heart breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment