Thursday, July 3, 2014

Time to give our Ameriica praise despite problems

Independence  Day should be marked with thanks and gladness but with America in peril from President Obama and federal departments such as EPA, I find it difficult to focus my thoughts on light-hearted matters.

I'm trying though, and what could be  less a  concern now than high school days of long ago.  Teachers were a big part of those days, and like everything, some were better (easier) than others.  Miss Smith wasn't easy; in fact she might have been the most demanding of any.  She could maintain discipline just by ceasing to speak and staring at the miscreant.

Students who competed for academic honors learned to avoid her shorthand and typing classes.  She was not impressed with the progress I made in typing, comparing my effort to "pushing a plow. "                           I had a defender; Rupert Krouse responded to her this way, "That shows what you know; you don't push a plow; a mule pulls it."


No comments:

Post a Comment