Saturday, March 15, 2014

Wesley Chapel marks 100 years

I see in the Guardian-Journal that Wesley United Methodist Church will mark its l00th anniversary Sunday, March 23.  I am somewhat familiar with the church, located on White Lightning Road.  I attended a revival there more than 50 years ago when my cousin Terral Lowe was pastor.  His brother-in-law, Paul Cassells, led the singing.

At that time Wesley Chapel was on a charge (served by the same pastor) with Harmony Chapel and Bethlehem.  I was disturbed when I learned many years ago that Bethlehem was no longer a surviving church.  I went to a homecoming there when I was a child.  My dad attended school there,  He left his mark in the form of his initials carved into a pew.

Several relatives of earlier generations are buried in the cemetery there.

No comments:

Post a Comment