Friday, January 3, 2014

Did you ever climb a tree? Did you fall?

I am accustomed to getting surveys for me to fill out.  If I were naive enough to think my opinions mattered, I would be filling out surveys every  day.  I was greeted the second day of 2014 by the request to enlighten the world  on a Louisiana tree survey.  In spite of myself I was intrigued; was  I supposed  to go the woods and count trees?

Not exactly,  although the first question was did I climb trees as a child, followed by did I ever relax sitting in the shade of a tree. Did I ever collect leaves, pine coins, etc?  Yes, I had two boys in 4-H who won trips and other awards for their collections of leaves, twigs and fruits of native Louisiana trees.

Questions became more serious, like should we preserve rain forests and should Bald Cypress be the state tree.  At the end of the survey was the real purpose.  A donation of ten dollars or more to the Arbor Day Foundation   could bring in gifts, including ten trees and a year's supply of coffee.



No comments:

Post a Comment