Saturday, November 30, 2013

Grandma Lowe stands alone

I'm no longer embarrassed to sit while the congregation stands, although  I feel as if I'm missing something from the service.  It's better than having a dizzy spell, and my cardiologist tells me that getting up and down is hard on the heart.

Sitting while the congregation stands is not very noticeable, but standing while the rest of the congregation sits is a different story, one my dad told me about Grandma Lowe.   The congregation was sitting during the singing of a hymn, but Grandma wasn't sitting.  She continued to stand and sing even as the entire congregation remained seated .  Finally, the minister motioned for everyone to stand.  If grandma wouldn't join in sitting, everyone was  invited to stand with her. 





No comments:

Post a Comment