Tuesday, October 22, 2013

More on our class reunion

I have been thinking about our class re-union this coming Friday, wondering whom I will see and whom I will miss. We had at least one re-union after our sixtieth and planned to meet every two years but one of the leaders passed away and our good intentions failed.

Will we try to walk across the field to be introduced as a class?   I don't know.  I remember, I think it was the fiftieth, Ike Kirkikis wanted to name some one in our class who had attained some degree of fame.  Finding that difficult he resorted to naming those who had served in politics.  He had been a member of the Webster police jury;  Joe Hunter and Jake Crisler had served as members of the Minden town council, and I had been a member of the Homer council, and later mayor.

That we are surviving 70 years after graduating from Minden High is enough recognition for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment