Friday, September 13, 2013

Spending time at the doctor's.

I had a 10 a.m. appointment with the pain doctor Wednesday.  I arrived early, at least by 9:40, and at 11 I was still waiting to be called. You know what happened after I was called; I waited in a small room for someone to take my blood pressure.  Several minutes later a medical staffer came in; we conversed and she said wait and she would have renewals for my medicine.  That was the entire purpose of the appointment,.

I've been thinking of the millions of hours that are wasted in doctor's waiting rooms.  People could be occupied with something worthwhile such as knitting  sweaters, or better yet staying home when all that's needed  is a renewal of a prescription.  When an appointment is actually needed  give the patient
a time he will be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment