Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I oppose attacking Syria without clear goals

I do not support the proposed attack on Syria.  Several days ago I asked several questions that I wanted answered.  They have not been answered or at least not satisfactorily.  Has it been established without question that Assad used the poison gas on his people?  If he is guilty what good can we do by an attack at this late date?  Do we know what the consequences of an attack will be, and are we prepared for those consequences? What about Israel?  I am worried that Al Qaeda will take over Syria, or even worse, in my  opinion, Muslim Brotherhood could move in.

President Obama offers as justification that an attack by the United States will be "a shot across the bow" warning all nations that use of a poison gas will result in punishment.  Several of his Democrat supporters oppose the strike but say it is required to give Obama some credibility. Nothing he does now will make Obama into a president who can manage foreign diplomacy,  He is a failure there as he is with the economy.


No comments:

Post a Comment