Friday, September 6, 2013

A year later -- still no answer on Benghazi

Four Americans were killed by Libyan terrorists a year ago and  Obama and Clinton have seen to it that we have no answers to our questions, including why relief was not sent.  At first, the administration told us nothing but lies, then they sulked when questioned and refused to answer, shouting "What difference does it make?"

This was just one post on my blog last September; otherwise, several items were interesting to me, leading me to review everything posted that month. If you have time and can do so easily,  check the entries for that month a year ago.

That month in 1945 the Pickens delivered troops to San Pedro where they and the ship were given a warm welcome.  The Pickens served on the "Magic Carpet," making fast trips to the South Pacific and back to San Francisco with a full load of weary troops.

I remembered and wrote about some humorous events of my past, including the discussion between two ministers of how they used scripture in giving a sermon. Mr, Matthews,  a former preacher, said he would go to the pulpit, open the bible, and preach on whatever scripture appeared.  The Presbyterian minister answered, "Maybe that's why I'm still preaching and you are not."

 I told how when in Chicago arranging a luncheon for industrial prospects,  I turned down an invitation to have dinner with Sophia Loren but slept with her  ( that is, in the same hotel.)

No comments:

Post a Comment