Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"" would have borrowed the money from my wife."

Thinking of all the forms I had to complete to see the doctor Monday, I remember when there was a time that this was not necessary. Those simpler times will not return.

I remember a friend of mind going to the bank to borrow some money.  Fred, a long-time good friend of mind but a generation older, was a contractor in all kinds of construction.  Most small town banks were friendly and informal, but the Homer National Bank was very formal.  Fred walked in and  asked for a loan.  He was seated and quizzed,  Fred losing his patience more and more.

Finally Fred jumped up and headed for the door, saying, "If I wanted to answer all those questions, I would have borrowed the money from my wife."

Later the bank official decided he had enough information, called Fred back, and approved the loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment