Monday, July 1, 2013

No ballroom dancing for me

Spending 90 minutes in a doctor's waiting room is not most people's idea of fun -- and that includes me -- but the last 30 minutes was enjoyable as I visited with a 92-year-old World War II veteran and his young friend, only 81. We talked about some of the changes we have seen, especially in technology.  They described the first televisions that they had seen, including a nine-inch black and white.  Like me, they never expected to use a computer but now find it a source of information on any and every thing.

I was there to have the doctor look at my broken foot.   The first 30 minutes I spent filling our forms, being called back three times to fill in a form or question I had missed.  When my name was finally called, the affair went quickly, first assembling the information I had provided on the forms and adding to it. Then about nine X-rays in various positions of the foot and the ankle were taken .

The visit with the doctor lasted only a few minutes, long enough for him to tell me to take care and to come back immediately if problems develop.  Otherwise, I will return in three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment