Saturday, May 18, 2013

I hate the phone even more

If you've read this blog before, you know that I hate the telephone. This goes back to when I edited a weekly newspaper and as I was working  hard to get the paper ready to go to press, the phone would ring constantly with statements like, "Grandma visited last week and she wants her name in the paper.:" Part of that time I was mayor and I would get the call if garbage wasn't picked up, or "There's a dog under my house; come get him."

At least then we did not have to suffer electronic calls.  Several times I have a call on the land line phone and when I answer the taped call will say, "All our representatives are busy, please wait." I have learned to hang up immediately.  If I don't I will hear a selection of numbers. This happens nearly every day.  I wish there was a way to levy a penalty or fine on the organization responsible for the calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment