Saturday, April 20, 2013

Jessica and her good news

Jessica called me Friday night, and with excitement in her voice she said, "I've got some good news."  I answered that I could use some, and she told me she has been offered a position as intern for the next school term by Apex United Methodist Church.  The church will employ four interns, Jessica being the first chosen.
Pay will be generous for the amount of time she will be asked to devote to the position.  The job will likely go through Duke and qualify for the scholarship Duke University has promised her.

Before  that begins she will spend the summer in Birmingham, Michigan, serving a church there.  This, too, is part of her scholarship.

I find it difficult to accept that more than half of April is gone and Jessica will soon complete her first year at Duke.  She has commenced final exams and completed one in Hebrew this week.










No comments:

Post a Comment