Thursday, April 18, 2013

Immigration bill is a disaster

Years ago during the time I was mayor of Homer, we located a particular manufacturing plant.  The primary owner was a compassionate man and wanted to give ex-convicts a second chance. Also, there was a tax advantage in hiring those persons.  I suggested it might not be a good business practice , and it turned out bad.  The workers stole from the company, forcing it to close.

Now, when I am thinking nothing could be worse than Obamacare, Congress comes up with an immigration bill that is replete with harmful conditions.  One, you will have trouble believing. will have the government paying the company $3,000 bonus to hire an illegal alien rather than an American.  I say this can never pass but I said that about Obamacare.

Is there no end to the harm our government seeks to do to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment